The best lessons are learned outside of class. Help your teen master finance 101 with an account that’s all about growth.
- Report Card Bonus**
- No Monthly Service Fees
- No Minimum Balance Requirements
- Free Visa® Debit Card
Fee-free checking account for teens to learn personal finance.
- Available exclusively to members between ages 13 and 17 years old*
- No monthly service or maintenance fees
- No minimum balance requirements
- Enjoy a Report Card Bonus each grading period**
- Free digital banking services, including:
- Free online banking
- Free mobile banking with mobile deposit
- Free e-statements
- Set alerts
- Card controls
- Remote deposit
- Secure messaging
- Access to over 90,000+ fee-free ATMs worldwide
- Overdraft protection and courtesy pay options available
- Free Visa® debit card
- No minimum deposit to open
Earn a $25 cash reward for having a GPA (Grade Point Average) of 3.50 (A-) or higher! Teen Checking members can be rewarded up to two semesters a year!
Stop by any GPO branch with your transcript to receive your $25 bonus or email us using the button below.
A portable document format (PDF) will open in a new window. A PDF reader is required for viewing.
Attention Seniors! Check out GPO's Scholarship opportunities!
GPO members have the opportunity to apply for GPO's scholarship program and automatically be entered in the New York Credit Union Association scholarship program.
Check out this great program and to see if you qualify!
Visit any GPO branch today to sign up for Teen Checking!
*Requires an adult joint-owner to open.
**To claim report card bonus reward, members must provide proof of GPA with current report card and/or transcripts including numerical score and course credits. Reward must be claimed within 60 days from end of grading period date and can be claimed up to 2 semesters per year. Reward only available for the grading period during the account opening and thereafter.